Sunday, January 31, 2010

L.A. Candy



One little fun fact about me is that I don't watch TV. Well, unless my husband is hooked to Discovery Channel & I happen to be in the room. :)
But, after reading the book that I just {{inhaled}}, as in, reading it in 24 hours, I'm tempted to go get myself the whole season of The Hills.

Which, by the way, I'm sure I made fun of when people told me they watched it. 

As the story goes, one of my favorite 8th grade girls was reading it this week in class & I asked her, to be social, what she thought of it. She explained that it was actually an interesting book, & I told her how I was curious about it & might like to read it someday. Well, that sweet girl came back 6th hour with the book in hand, explaining that she had finished it & wouldn't mind if I borrowed it. 

24 hours later & I'm ready for the second book to come out...{{TUESDAY}}!

Anyways, to anyone looking for a light read about how a 19 year old girl had her life & friendships somewhat ruined by TV producers who only care about $$, pick up the book.
It's not Jane Austen, it's not even Sophie Kinsella, but it was a quick read that kept me interested.

I definitely enjoyed it and it made me want to read the second one as soon as I can get my hands on it. So, bravo to you Lauren Conrad!

xoxo, la


3 comments:

  1. hey! im so glad you left a comment because it led me to your beautifully inspiring blog! :o) you're so wonderfully craaaafty. i want to knit a quilt! i'm in love with the ones anthropologie had for sale this past winter. but they cost a small FORTUNE! oh well....good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. I will check out Hobby Lobby very soon for some pretty doorknobs.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Stacie

    http://www.gingibersnap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3