Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hymn Wall

For the first 7 months of our married life, Scott & I lived in a two-story townhouse. It was a great first home, but we don't miss running upstairs to go to the bathroom, creepy crawlies all over the wall, and a huge heat and electricity bill.

We now reside in a lovely, cozy, apartment. It's a perfect way for us to save money until we can buy a house!

So, back to the town-house . . . & the only thing that I miss about it.


My wall. It has the lyrics of one of my favorite songs -- and just happens to be the same song I walked down the aisle to. I miss this wonderful "mustard yellow" paint, and the words covering one of the walls in the family room. 

Originally, the lyrics were to serve as a filler for a wall that we could not hang anything on (it was concrete!), but I think I'll end up doing something similar again someday. 

Our last day at the townhouse. Goofiest expression EVER.

In the meantime, I think I have figured out a way to fill that place in my heart. I took a canvas that I had laying around & painted it with the same color paint. 

Forgive crappy photobooth pictures, I'm feeling lazy. 

Then I hunted down the brown paint marker I had used on the wall. 




And {voila!} . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us love <3