Monday, March 1, 2010

{Michigan} Waffles

     Back in my babysitting days, I picked up a couple delicious "recipes" from the family I babysat for. Their mom, Suzanne, is an excellent cook, & her mom as well. One thing they made that was ABSOLUTELY delicious were waffles. So delicious that when I got married, I had to get the recipe so I could make some for our little family...


     Well...this weekend I added my own twist!

     Being that our state (Michigan) is in such sad economic times, I make an extra effort to support local businesses. So, my main ingredients this Saturday morning were the following...

Jiffy Baking Mix from Chelsea, MI
When I was young, the BIG Jiffy Mix semi truck would come to the town parades, tossing the smaller muffin mix boxes out into the crowd like candy. 
Other fun fact; Jiffy Mix has been produced in Chelsea for over 120 years!



La Croix "Fizzy" Water from Warren, MI
I drink this stuff in all different flavors & I was sooo excited to find that it was bottled in MI.

FIZZY WATER in {WAFFLES} you say?

Yep. The secret ingredient {shhh}.

So, after further ado, here's the recipe. 

2 cups {Jiffy} Mix
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
10oz of {La Croix}

& that is it my friends. They are delicious & fluffy, full of great flavor & satisfying.
If you decide to try them yourselves, you'll have to let me know your opinion.

[Wish I Had A Picture] but they were eaten all up.

xoxo, la

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us love <3