On this, the night before I start my long term teaching position, teaching middle school {Language Arts}, I am SO filled with excitement. I simply had to share.
Among the things I am celebrating is following my heart.
You see, I just opened my {writing portfolio} from my very favorite class in college, & I read this...
"This portfolio is just a sample of some of my work as a writer. Obviously, poetry is my favorite, but basically I love to play with words. Someday, I would love to be an author. But right now, I just can't wait to be a teacher and change the world. I would really like to teach middle school English and, if my dream comes true, I'll have this portfolio to share with my students.
As you are reading be sure to notice what a joy I find in writing, repetition, imagination, and my love of poetry. Enjoy"
To be honest, reading this makes me want to tear up a little. You see, in day to day life, I sometimes forget my dreams and prayers, so to find them...fulfilled, is such a blessing.
I cannot wait to walk into my new {rented} classroom tomorrow morning! I can't wait to share my passion with 120 students for the next 3 months.
The moral of the story is; in order to find what's dearest to you, listen to your heart & into your past to find who you were and who you are.
xoxo, la

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us love <3