Monday, November 22, 2010

Twice As Nice {Giving}

This Christmas, I think it would be even more special to give "twice as nice." This would mean, purchasing gifts that benefit others as well as the special people in my life.

I am seeking to expand my TOMS collection, as well as gift some shoes to others . . .


Mr. M may or may not have been picking up on the subtle hints toward these yellow corduroy TOMS.


The Got Your Back T-Shirt Movement gives one school uniform to a child for each T-shirt you buy.




I've been waiting for this one in the mail. It's an early Christmas present from Mr. to me . . . I literally cannot WAIT to wear it. Something to alternate with my Made in Detroit shirt that I wear almost every weekend. 


Anyway, there are a handful of fun Got Your Back t-shirts to choose from. I ordered my little brother one as a Christmas gift (shh!) & am thinking of gifting them to others.


These are just two of the companies that do 1-for-1, but I'm seeking out others. Does anyone else have other suggestions of gifts I can get others that will benefit people in need?

Also, to shamelessly plug . . . proceeds from any purchase from my etsy  in November will go directly to the student in my classroom and her family in the form of Christmas gifts and FOOD. Let me just tell you, I drove by their trailer the other day . . . just to see the kind of poverty I was dealing with, and it's not good. 

Every little bit counts.
Wishing you a week of warmth, love, family, and friends.

Love, Leigh

2 comments:

  1. you should also check out shirts from RiseUP
    and the itgetsbetter campaign!
    such a great idea for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, i love these toms! maybe i will add these to my Christmas wish list too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3