Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fun {Fun} Fun for Everyone!

Lucky, lucky me. I have a CREATIVE husband! For this craft we put our heads together to make hall passes for his 4th grade students. I suggested the paint stir sticks (hello, free!) and the Scrabble pieces and he made it happen. 

He started out with 4 stir sticks and painted them colors of his choice (I did step in and mix that beautiful purple!).


Broke out his drill and made holes so he could put twine through them (you need something to hang them from!). 



Sifted through my Scrabble pieces . . .

(I clearly am CRAZY in love with him to let him use my beloved pieces.)


Glued them together using Gorilla Glue and his dresser drawers as a vice.

And {VOILA!}


I hope those kiddos appreciate them, because we sure do! I may be making them for my classroom as well, I just need to find out what the school allows in terms of hall passes.

Now, for my latest creation . . .



Which I created with the supervision (& distraction) of one super cute, cuddly kitten. (Don't mind our wedding DVD case and Bombpop remains.)


She's an new twist on an old Martha favorite. I think the pearls give her a little somethin' special, don't you?


I spy my last D.I.Y. in the background! Whoops. Probably should update that post. 

Last, but not least. My new monogrammed American Apparel tote. I was going to take it in to be embroidered . . . but decided that iron-ons would be cheaper, faster, and over-all better. I'll let you decide for yourself. 


It might be an understatement to say that I'm iron-on crazy. Anyone know anything else I had iron these suckers too? 

Off to house hunt and get food for dinner -- more on that later!

LoveLeigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us love <3