Friday, August 27, 2010

Sassy in Stripes

As a rule of thumb, there a couple things that I stray away from when looking for apparel. Short-shorts and, well, short anything is always a no-no. On the other hand, I have my own little clothing pet-peeves.

Plaid, for one, makes me gag. Yes, yes, I know! It is all over the place for fall, but outside of my cashmere scarves and other selected accessories, I just.can't.do.it.

I generally stay away from stripes as well, but I constantly kept coming back to this adorable shirt at H&M a couple weeks ago.

It's simple, classic, and something that I think I will end up wearing more than I anticipate. Definitely something that I feel good wearing. I'm glad that I choose to break my own little rules & purchase it.

(Wish I could photoshop some eye make-up because -- WHOOPS! -- forgot that this morning!)

Caroline had her stripes on today too. Stripes make us {sassy}!

(This was absolutely not staged, in face, I was fooling with the camera settings & this is was an accident.)


Have a wonderful friday and weekend! I'm off to see Flipped this evening . . . which was filmed at my old middle school/ place where I go to church on sundays (same place) AND my old high school/ first teaching job. 



love leigh

2 comments:

  1. Was all of that movie filmed in Saline? I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all of the movie was filmed in Saline -- but I think the entire thing was filmed in Michigan! :) Also, it did not release to all the theatres yet, so UNFORTUNATELY we have yet to see it -- which TOTALLY bums me out.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3