Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend in {Pictures}





Here it goes:
   Saturday morning katie, scott, and I pilled into the car and drove downtown Detroit to go to the Eastern Market. On the way, we saw the old {beautiful} Michigan Central [Train] Station, and I snapped picture from the highway on my new DROID {smart} phone.
   Upon arriving, we were greeted by beautiful weather but a SWARMING crowd. This caused Mr. Scott to become a grump butt. We shuffled around for a bit and purchased two bouquets of sunflowers from a vendor and Miss Kate bought a bag full of lemons and limes for a steal.
   I would have LOVED to take pictures of the market, with all its beautiful colors, unique finds, and low prices, but I was a little baby newbie with my phone, and there were SO many people around I couldn't stop to mess with it. Imagine a lot of people, a LOT of beautiful produce and a gorgeous saturday morning.
    After the Eastern Market, we headed down to American Coney Island. There have been a handful of TV shows about the Food War between two coney islands in {the D}. We sampled chili dogs and french fries from the winner of the Travel Channel's "Food Wars."
    Sadly, we were not impressed.
    Because we paid $5 for parking and because I did not know the next time we would be downtown, I suggested we go next door and sample a coney from Lafayette. Kate & I ordered one coney to-go and grabbed two forks and -- after making a mess in Mr. Scott's car -- decided we liked Lafayette MUCH better. So there you have it folks.
   Fast forward through seeing Mr. S's classroom, gazing at my school, and going to the janky-est estate sale in the entire world. We snatched one of my all-time-favorites: Dole Whip. They had pineapple in the machine on saturday and the three of us treated ourselves to a cone.
{GASP}
   That was only saturday early afternoon. We had a super fun and busy weekend the included all of the following:

  • Euchre games with grandpa
  • saturday night church
  • birthday party
  • Whonu & Bananagrams
  • trip to Trader Joes
  • pretzel sandwiches for lunch with Mom & Dad.
  • trip to Guernsey Dairy 
  • walk to the library to read magazines, leigh & kate style
  • Moses cat-naps
  • The Last Song (M.C. makes me BARF) -- good book though. 
So, there you have it. I'm off to eat breakfast. Enjoy your monday, readers!

love leigh


2 comments:

  1. You have Saturday night church??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! Let me know if you ever want to come and visit! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3