Thursday, September 2, 2010

Early {Birthday} Present





So, I haven't spoken to my issue with Vera Bradley {here} in this space, so I'll catch everyone up and make a long story, short.

I started purchasing Vera Bradley bags 2-3 years ago because Vera sold an awesome product, Made in the USA. In fact, they were made fairly close to my home. They came with a bigger price-tag than I was used to spending on cloth bags, but they held up really well, I {loved} the compartments, and bright colors.

Ever since I started purchasing VB, I have noticed that a few choice styles were, unfortunately, made in China. I would scour the tags like a psycho and avoid the Chinese bags like the plague. See, my issue is, why am I going to support this communistic country when my own country (yay! red, white, and blue!) is being hit with tough economic times.

Soooooo . . . being the Tag Scourer that I am, I noticed more recently that ALL THE BAGS ARE MADE IN CHINA. This infuriates me, especially because the bags are becoming popular.

So, in my gut I would not feel right purchasing Vera Bradley anymore. It hurts {so} bad because the colors are beautiful and I am in love with the Vera Tote; it fulfills all my needs. I vowed not to be shallow and to stand up for what I believe: a sort of one-woman protest. I wish I could go wring Vera's neck to be honest.

Anyway, on to the reason I am writing this.

I received a card in the mail yesterday -- a gift card if you will -- from Vera Bradley. The amount was pretty generous, so I couldn't let the opportunity go by, especially because I need a lanyard for my school I.D.

I left the store today without paying A DIME and brought these babies home . . .




And it doesn't bother my conscious ONE BIT because, like I said . . .   FREE.

Happy Birthday to me!


P.S. If anyone knows of any great bags made in the U.S. of A., please let me know! I have an American Apparel tote that I'm using right now, but it just isn't cutting the cake.

la-la-la-love Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us love <3