Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Free Starbucks & Other Wonderful Things




Three days later & I'm finally getting to this post.

Tuesday was wonderful. I went to my 7th graders' football game and was given a warm welcome by approximately 50 million of my little cheerleaders {screaming} "Mrs. M!! Mrs. M!!" & running to give me high-fives. These loves may be exhausting, but they sure know how to make someone feel special.

Watching my buds working their butts off running the football down the field made me smile too. One of my favorites even scored a touch-down! On Wednesday, when I told him that I witnessed the amazing play, he said, "I know! I saw you in the bleachers!"

The best part was their pink little faces when they took off their helmets at the end to celebrate their win. I had never seen so many huge smiles on those boys faces. Seeing their pink faces, huge smiles, and mussed up sweaty hair, I couldn't help but smile to myself. These were the same boys who held glazed over stares in my classroom, or yelled out their answer without raising their hand . . .

I decided to cap my wonderful afternoon with a delicious Chai Latte from Starbucks. Upon pulling up to the drive-thru window, I was informed that their machines were down, and my beverage would be {free}!

What a super Tuesday it was.

Love, Leigh

*Speaking of super, I'll soon post who I was for Career Day at school. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us love <3