Saturday, December 18, 2010

Good News/ Bad News

Greetings!

Wishing  everyone a completed to do list, warm fire, and hot beverage. 
Doesn't that sound lovely?


potterybarn.com

Feels like I have not posted for a while, and so much has happened this week . . .

Good news:

Double Snowday this week; praise God!

Bad news:

When we finally started school on Wednesday, the students' brains were already on Christmas break.

Good news:

The kids LOVED ugly sweater day at school. I wore an enormous bow on my head and received the hugest smiles from the students. 


Bad news:

I received a phone call in the middle of my second hour class that Moses needed emergency surgery. I took a half day from work and went up to talk to the doctor and see Moses. Sitting in the lobby of the vet with my ugly sweater, knee socks, and snow man earrings was not where I thought my day was going.



These pictures SUCK, but you get the point. :) I had taken off the bow because this is in Mr. M's school, and I didn't think they'd understand the over-sized bow.


Good news:

Yesterday was my last day of teaching before Christmas Break. I was FINALLY able to wear my Got Your Back tee. 


Bad news: 

Running out of test copies (actually, I lost them) right before my third hour took their test. Needing to go run extra copies and keep sugar-high students busy, the 7th and 8th grade band decides that outside of our door is a great place to start playing Christmas carols . . .

Good news:

This morning is SATURDAY and the week is over. I have lots of knitting to do and a lot more time to do it. I have time to rest and relax my brain, get together with my friends and family, and sit a reflect on everything I'm thankful for (including my fluffy cat and my public school job). 

Have a BLESSED weekend.

Love, Leigh

1 comment:

  1. despite the ups and downs, it sounds like you earned this weekend--hope it's been extra cozy and productive...and that your fluffy cat earned its keep ;) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3