Monday, January 24, 2011

i believe

in men. Especially mine.
My Favorite Photo by Aruna
I also believe in eavesdropping; as I am sitting here in a coffee shop, working on my new baby blog, and listening to a manly-man conversation nearby.

It makes me smile. They are SO into what the guys on Sports Center said. They are all hyped about the Super Bowl. They are talking about restaurants: "Dude, this place called Bagger Dave's has the best burgers!"


The conversation makes me think of my amazing husband & how I love to spend time with him. How sometimes he tells me what's on Sports Center and I get glassy eyed and start dreaming of the latest J.Crew catalogue.

And even though I care nothing about hamburgers (in fact, I don't even like them) or Sports Center or business deals, I totally appreciate men. I think that -- many times -- they get a bad reputation in our society. They're stereotyped to be smelly, brainless, and lazy.

Like my pastor said last week,
             "When have you ever heard of a situation where a man has nagged a woman?" 


Now, don't get me wrong, my husband will tell you that I tell him that he's smelly and lazy (never dumb because he's genius & I'm a teacher so that's pretty much illegal), but I think men -- especially MY MAN -- are awesome. They are strong leaders whose simple outlook on life is something to be admired. The men that I know and love go out of their way to help others and are respectful, loving and hard-working.

In fact, some of the people that I love & respect the most are my father, brother, father-in-law, and brother-in-laws.

So -- here's to men -- even if they cause you to roll down the window so that you don't suffocate.

Love, Leigh

1 comment:

  1. BABY blog....!?! or do you mean your own blog that's just a "baby" right now? hahah

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3