Thursday, January 27, 2011

more sharing & a story

First things first; Sydney is sponsoring a lovely giveaway. Go check it out people!

Much Love, Illy
I'll take this one, please.

&


Long Distance Loving is sponsoring a Minted Giveaway.

Minted

I can just see sending these (with my loveleigh logo) in the mail with my product.

So, click over and enter, loves. Because if I can't win, you should.

Now, a little short story about tights.

Source

I would tell you that this was me today, but it would be a lie exaggeration. However, I did discover at approximately 4:15 p.m. today that I had a small snag in my tights. I. HATE. THAT.

Unfortunately, the thing that hurt the most was that this snag trigged a flashback I had of my worst fashion moment ever. During said moment, I am at a morning Nordstrom meeting. Yes, I worked at Nordstrom (does that make me fasionable?)!

Speaking of Nordstrom, can you say "pressure to be put-together"?

Anyway, that morning, my fashion muse was "designer jeans & white T look." Laid-back, easy, but also classic, right? Wrong.

Because it was a morning meeting. I cannot survive the morning without this black stuff (well, I make it kind of light brown). What was meant to stimulate and start my morning had now stained a 4 inch line down the front and center of my shirt.

Every. single. person. who. works. at. the. dang. store. was there. Everyone was dressed like they could be photographed for a magazine at any second. I am wearing coffee -- and seemingly nothing else.

Please tell me that someone else has had one of these moments. Some of you may suggest that I start carrying a fashionable SCARF whenever I go (second change of clothes, anyone?).

Let's not even talk about the day that I wore a black dress with NAVY leggings.

"Maybe it's the just the light," my husband said.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA.. love it. And love hubby's suggestion about the light.

    I spill coffee on myself constantly. That's why I carry a Tide-Pen. It's a must. One in the purse and one in the car, or else I will be a stained disaster. Once at a wedding the waitress dumped a cup of lukewarm (thankfully!) coffee on me. I'm a magnet for the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay! I am crossing fingers and toes you win--add another comment to the giveaway because you earned it, pretty lady! And I can TOTALLY feel you on your worst fashion moment...I worked at Intermix in college and CONSTANTLY managed to snag things which weren't mine. Never a good thing....sigh. Hope your day got better! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3