Sunday, January 23, 2011

long time coming

It has been so long since I have blogged and boy does it feel good to be back into the blogging world. Our computer has been out of commission for quite some time now but she's back up and running. So much has happened since I last blogged and I have some very exciting news..... I AM ENGAGED!!! My fiance proposed on New Year's Eve and it was amazing and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him and to enjoy this exciting time in our lives.

THE STORY: It was New Year's Eve and boyfriend made reservations at a restaurant that we had dinner at for one of our anniversaries a few years back, he reserved the same booth and everything... so thoughtful. After I told some friends this bit of information they thought for sure he was going to propose. Well dinner came and went and nothing happened, after dinner boyfriend insisted that we were downtown in the park at midnight, the clock struck midnight and we wished each other a happy new year. Shortly after we were walking through the lit up park with tons of christmas trees taking pictures, once we got to the biggest tree he said "why don't you stand in front and i'll take your picture" so i did and right after he asked me what's on the tree behind you and sure enough it was a christmas ornament that he had written "MARRY ME??" on, I immediately looked at him as he was already down on one knee asking me to marry him!!! Of course I said YES!!!

Downtown Plymouth at midnight

Just before the proposal

The ornament


Me and the fiance after I just balled my eyes out from pure happiness and excitement

I am so happy to share my exciting news with all of you
Stay tuned because I have a wedding blog in the works
keep the faith,
kate




3 comments:

  1. big congrats on this exciting news! being engaged is the best...it's the perfect combination of nerves and excitement! can't wait to hear about your wedding blog! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major congrats on the engagement! Now, the fun part! Wedding planning. :)

    xo,
    Dreaming of Palm Trees

    ReplyDelete

Leave us love <3